Accreditation Syndicate for Education & Training – ASET
ASET Certificate in Business Technology (Cert. B. Tech.)
At the end of the course you will be able to:
* Define what business tasks a personal computer can perform
* Describe the benefits of a variety of computer applications
* Draw up a specification for hardware, software and peripherals
* Compose a business case for the use of IT in business
* Understand the importance of data security
* Draw up a housekeeping schedule for managing data and files
* Evaluate the benefits of using spreadsheets and accounting packages
* Determine a reporting structure for computerised accounts
This programme is designed for people seeking to understand and apply Information and Technology in a businesses. The course is particularly suited to staff and managers who wish to consider the best use of IT, specify equipment and software, and implement good-housekeeping measures. On successful completion, you will achieve an ASET certificate, which is a leading UK awarding body recognised by the UK Qualifications and Curriculum Authority and use the designatory letters Cert. B. Tech. after your name denoting your qualification.
Assessment is through tutor marked modular assignments. On successful completion, the ASET certificate will be granted. The course may be studied over a maximum period of one year, which makes it a very flexible programme. You may study from home, work or even abroad. An online tutor will be appointed for each student who can be contacted by email or telephone for any guidance throughout the programme. The programme may be started anytime during the year.
Holders of the Certificate in Business Tehnology will be awarded an exemption from the Business technology module of the Advanced Certificate in Management / Diploma in Management / B.A. Business Administration programmes which are offered by the European Institute of Education, should they join any of these programmes in the future.
Module A: using Information Technology
* What does a Personal Computer do?
* Deciding what a computer can do for your business
* Common tasks performed by business software:
Task and schedule Monitoring
* Specifying and choosing a PC
* Choosing peripherals:
* Choosing software
* The business case for a PC
* Data security and housekeeping
Module B: Accounting with Computers
* Benefits of computerised accounts
* Getting started
* How good are your accounts?
* More about accounting
* Using spreadsheets
* Accounting packages
* Problems and pitfalls
* Housekeeping & hygiene
Collaboration between eie and Vacancy Centre – to help your career move ahead
Vacancycentre.com links TOP candidates to TOP organisations. Vacancycentre.com is the top choice in recruitment in Malta. Vacancycentre.com bridges the gap between career seekers and employers.
Start an eie course today, and you’ll be a step closer to your successful career!